Monday, June 6, 2011

It's been a year

It's been a year since I made a flying trip to the hospital to find my son almost dead. A trip that I packed just enough to get me through the night and I was there for 7. Straight. I left on the following Friday to get clothes, check in at work and go back for the weekend. We did not think he would make it through Thursday.

God granted us more time. More time to figure out what is important. More time to realize the gift was that given my family. More time to find Him. More time to remember that we are not always granted more time. More time to cherish the times we have, today.

He has now granted me more time with two of my children. The first time I did not recognize it. I am sad that I did not recognize it the first time. I am glad I know it this time.

It has been a hard year. For Michael, especially. For me. But especially Michael. I think the blogger world has had a helping had in making his life better. His blogger friends have held him up when he was soo down. Sure there have been a few that have been extremely ugly but they do not outweigh the goodness.

Many of you have become my followers also. I am so glad that God has sent you to him. You have made your mark in his life.

We are now moving into our second year. Let's have a party next year!
Love to all!




4 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

I think I must have missed that horrible accident. . . piece of news.

Wow, I'm glad you have time with your family and I am glad you still have your son.

What a gift. Isn't it interesting how things turn out? Sometimes not as we want them to or think they should. . .yet we are here.

Mice Aliling said...

♥ It's a blessing in disguise :)

Pam Tucker said...

He's made a big mark in my life as well. So glad to have met all of you!

Big Hug!!

Jotter Girl said...

Micael is an amazing person and I am so glad to have met him through the blogging community. Now that I have met you too, I am double blessed. Oh yeah, and Winston and Mr. Scrappy too.