Sunday, September 26, 2010

Me, me, me

The other day on my way to work, I was having my morning talk with God. Help me do this, help me forgive that, help me throught this day, etc.

Then I remembered my prayer list I had started. It had many names on it and so I began talking to God about the folks on that list. I had been do thing for about 20 minutes when it dawned on me that I had been praying all wrong.

I should have been praying for others, focusing on others, lifting others up, helping others, and the me would fall in place. Put me last and others first. Isn't that what God teaches?

Hugs,

7 comments:

Mice Aliling said...

That is very unselfish of you. Sometimes it's okay to be selfish first and then that's when you learn how to love others because you know how to love yourself first :)

I hope you had a great weekend

http://micealiling.blogspot.com/

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

I think I must talk to you in this blog since it is usually just you and me!

I did think about the love others as you love yourself, but I also remembered that who is first here will be last in Heaven.

What dawned on me was that if I focused on others in a good way then I became less focused on me and by doing for others, I was correcting what I was worried about in the prayers to God.

Does any of this make sense?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. It is very true that when you focus on others with compassion and kindness, it puts everything into perspective. Funny enough, focussing on others has this unintended self-serving bit to it too. Things seem to get better for both the prayer and the prayee - so it is a win-win situation all around really! - G

yogurt said...

hey there.... i like what you write.. made me think of GOD...

nice meeting you....

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

Hey G, thanks for stopping by! That was my thought too! Focusing on others will make me fall into place without even realizing it.

Hey Yogurt, Glad to meet you too! This blog is my thoughts about God, and questions about faith and beliefs. Thanks for stopping in!

gayle said...

That is a great idea!! I am going to do that tomorrow. Everyone at work seems to be in terrible moods lately...I will pray for them.

Mike said...

I see people praying for silly things like touchdowns or hitting a home run. It is nice to see someone be unselfish.